During a cold winter, it can be difficult to decide what type of heating system is best for your home. Luckily, our team at Solution Based Plumbing, Heating, and A/C has the knowledge and experience to guide you through the decision process. Our experts review important factors when considering the heat pump vs. gas furnace debate.
Not every home is the same, so it’s important to consider your specific situation when choosing a heating system. It’s best to consult a professional who can help evaluate your needs and ask questions that you might not consider on your own. You can start by thinking about the following key factors:
- Cost: The initial installation cost of a heat pump system is generally lower than that of a gas furnace because gas furnaces require a more extensive ventilation system. However, the day-to-day cost of running your home’s heating system depends on the cost of electricity vs. the cost of gas, which varies by area. This means that a gas furnace may be less expensive over time.
- Climate and Effectiveness: When it comes to choosing your home’s heat source, one of the most important factors is where you live. A heat pump is perfect for a moderate or coastal climate. However, in the northeast, a gas furnace may be more effective at combating the bitter cold winters.
- Health and Safety: Heat pumps result in a cleaner air quality for your home than gas furnaces. If air quality is especially important to you, consider an air pump.
- Maintenance: Typically, gas furnaces are not used as frequently throughout the year as heat pumps. Therefore, they require less maintenance.
Heat Pump vs. Gas Furnace: And The Winner is…
Truth be told, determining the best heating system for your home, needs, and climate depends on all of these above factors. Our team will be happy to guide you in selecting the most cost-effective and appropriate heating system for your home. To gather your input, we will ask you to consider key questions such as:
- How often do you use certain rooms in your house?
- What temperature keeps you feeling most comfortable?
- Has your heating bill changed over recent years? If so, how?
At SBPHA/C, we install many types of heating and cooling systems. And since we install top brands such as Trane, Heil, and Gibson, you can rest assured you’ll have a quality system installed by true professionals. Call us today for a free consultation!