As the heat waves continue to roll in this summer, it’s important to stay safe by staying cool. The only way to do that is to make sure your AC is in tip top shape when you need it most. During extreme heat, a breakdown can be a true emergency. For your comfort and safety, you need fast and effective AC repair. Bucks County PA trusts Solution Based Plumbing, Heating, and A/C to perform the best quality repair work.
Many people wonder whether having the AC running continuously during hot weather can cause strain or damage to the unit. In this blog, we discuss AC usage mistakes that might lead to heat wave breakdowns.
Heat Wave Mistakes That Can Cause Major Malfunctions
- Mistake #1: Lowering your thermostat to a very low number to combat the high temperature outside. Your AC unit will have to run at very high energy levels to reach and maintain that low number, which can cause your energy bills to rise and may even trip your circuit breaker. When it’s in the 90s and 100s outside, you can help your AC out by keeping the thermostat in the high 70s instead of the 60s.
- Mistake #2: Turning off your air conditioning unit when you’re not home. We’ve been trained to turn off electrical equipment when we leave the house, so why is your air conditioning unit different? Your AC actually has to work harder overall if you frequently turn it on and off. If the temperature inside has reached 90 degrees, your AC has to expend a lot of energy to lower the temperature by 15 degrees or so. Try raising the thermostat just a few degrees when you leave, instead of turning the AC off completely.
- Mistake #3: Letting your AC run season after season without any maintenance. Switching on that AC after 9 months without preventative maintenance is like setting out to run a marathon without any training. Preventative maintenance allows you to catch potential issues before they arise, and keeps your AC clean and ready to run as soon as you need it. Ask SBPHA/C for recommendations on how to maintain your AC.
Beat The Heat Waves With These Cool Tips From The Experts
- Give Your AC a Helping Hand: When possible, lessen the amount of electricity being used by other sources. Keep the blinds closed and lights off during heat waves so your AC doesn’t have to work as hard.
- Consistency Is Key: Choose a room temperature that is comfortable year-round. No matter how high the temperature outside rises, your comfort zone should remain the same. Lowering the thermostat more than usual during extreme heat puts extra strain on your AC.
- Call The Experts: Keep up with annual preventative maintenance. For AC repair Bucks County PA trusts to keep cool, Solution Based Plumbing, Heating, and A/C is the only choice.
Stay Chill When You Choose Superior AC Repair, Bucks County PA!
The heat isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. To ensure you and your loved ones stay comfortable this season, call Solution Based Plumbing, Heating, and A/C today. We are happy to inspect your unit for efficiency and perform expert repairs and maintenance. Have an unexpected emergency? We provide fast, high-quality service, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week!